News and InformationWelcome to the district news section! You can view current and archived news items by selecting a location, month and year via the drop-down menus below.
Immunization requirement for 2017-18 school year
All students entering 7th, 8th and 12th grades must have the meningococcal vaccine.
Without it, they can’t start school.
About the Vaccine:
• It’s not a new vaccine. It’s been recommended for a decade.
• Most parents already choose to vaccinate their children.
• The meningococcal vaccine has been required for school entry since Sept. 1, 2016.
About Meningococcal Disease:
• It causes bacterial meningitis and other serious diseases.
• Teens and young adults are at greater risk.
• It comes on quickly and without warning.
• Its symptoms are similar to the flu.
• Every case of this disease can result in death or long-term disability.
Check with your doctor. Even kids who have had a shot before may need a booster to start school.
To learn more, visit health.ny.gov/immunize
Immunization is Protection.